2008-04-20

Almost done with the Work Bench

2008-03-25

Almost done! The work bench surface is now covered in ½" MDF board which is similarly priced as plywood and more durable than particle board.

Work Bench

I've secured each of the MDF sections to the pine frame using wood screws and washers. This will allow for easy replacement of any MDF section in the event that it gets worn out or damaged.

Work Bench

The area around the sink is looking good. I'll be getting a piece of treated moulding for the area around the sink edges so that any water splashes will drain back into the sink. I'll also be installing a backsplash and treating the surrounding area with water sealer to assure longevity of that section of the workbench.

As an aside, the circular saw blade seen in this photo is actually not an intended tool, but an inexpensive ($4.00) face for a clock I'm going to make for my work space. Most circular saw clocks I've seen were going for $20 or more. That's kind of steep when one can be readily made for less than $10.

Work Bench

And there's the work bench! Ready to receive hand tools and power tools alike and have items stored beneath it.

Work Bench

No comments: